About Me

My photo
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
This is my life , these are my stories. "Truly, there is naught as beautiful nor joyous a thing such as love ; and nothing so cursed and rueful ."

Friday, June 4, 2010

The Screaming Of The Gulls


Photobucket




The screaming of the gulls

She said....
"dare ye not move , stand frozen and still
the sound will pierce and slice you until
the echoes resounding and bounce in your brain
and suddenly screaming is all that remains
they'll peck you and claw and chase you and then
you'll be sorry you flinched"
They're staring again....
"not a word or whimper not a sullen little peep
or they'll make that damn noise ,set your insides to creep
and skin will be crawling and eardrums a bashing
as the waves on the beach come in slicing and crashing
and they'll rise all at once ,a swift sailing murder"
Now you wish you had listened when the old lady murmured....
"tis your funeral for goin' , don't do it my lad"
And you chuckled at her, you thought she was mad!
They're stealing your breath in one great flapping thrall,
your heart beat is slowing and comes to a stall,
and the last thing you hear , to comfort and lull,
a sound terrifying , the screaming of gulls ....






MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I cant live without ( and some I have to )

  • My Husband
  • My babies
  • my sister from another mister ( Emma)
  • my best mate (Doc)
  • My Best Girl ( C.R-B.)
  • Skulls
  • Sci Fi
  • Wrought Iron
  • Candles
  • Dragonflies
  • Fleece Blankets
  • Gothic Art
  • Stephenie Meyer
  • Anne Rice
  • Autumn leaves
  • Family
  • Flowers
  • Hoar Frost
  • Margaritas
  • Stephen King