About Me

My photo
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
This is my life , these are my stories. "Truly, there is naught as beautiful nor joyous a thing such as love ; and nothing so cursed and rueful ."

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

9 Days and counting

For Keith , I'll be seeing you.


The Little Things

I'll wake up very early, brush my teeth and hair,
I'll get the sleeping babe and bring her with' downstairs,
I'll change and feed her, make sure I've taken care,
And then I'll do the laundry, rest awhile in my comfy chair

I'll make a pot of coffee, have three cups instead of two,
I'll wash and dry the dishes, finish things I have to do
I'll sing songs and play with the girl I should have had with you,
And then I'll phone an old dear friend and ask her what is new

I'll put the baby down, and watch her while she sleeps,
I'll hope she never has to know some things just aren’t for keeps,
I'll lay there on my king sized bed and resort to counting to sheep,
And ignore those things about my life that make me want to weep

I'll not think about the boy I knew, my truest, oldest friend
I'll tell myself that "its o.k., wounds take time to mend"
I'll convince my heart that soon enough I won’t have to pretend,
And then I'll wake and greet the day, just to do it all again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I cant live without ( and some I have to )

  • My Husband
  • My babies
  • my sister from another mister ( Emma)
  • my best mate (Doc)
  • My Best Girl ( C.R-B.)
  • Skulls
  • Sci Fi
  • Wrought Iron
  • Candles
  • Dragonflies
  • Fleece Blankets
  • Gothic Art
  • Stephenie Meyer
  • Anne Rice
  • Autumn leaves
  • Family
  • Flowers
  • Hoar Frost
  • Margaritas
  • Stephen King